Bourbon Pecan Cake
- 2 cups whole cherries, pitted
- 2 cups white seedless raisins
- 2 cups bourbon
- 2 cups butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups dark-brown sugar
- 8 eggs, separated
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 cups pecan halves
- Grease and flour tube cake pan. Preheat oven to 275 oF
- Combine cherries, raisins and bourbon in a large bowl.
- Cover tightly and let stand in refrigerator overnight.
- Drain fruits and reserve bourbon.
- Place butter in large bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add sugars and beat fluffy. Add egg yolks.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour with pecan halves.
- Add nutmeg to 1/2 cup flour. Add to mixture.
- Add reserved bourbon and remaining flour alternately ending with flour.
- Beat egg whites and add to mixture, folding in.
- Add drained fruits and floured pecans to cake batter.
- Pour within 1 inch of tube pan. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Wrap and store for a few weeks before eating.
©Southern Belle, Webmaster
This page hosted by